Which.co.uk conducted research on six of the most popular comparison sites and came to the conclusion that they often "adjusted or didn't clearly display excess charges making it difficult for customers to make like-for-like comparisons and find the best policy to suit their needs".
According to the website, while searching for car insurance with a voluntary excess of £250, the cheapest quote on Cocompare's results page came with a £470 excess.
In addition, it was found that Comparethemarket did n
- Majority of brokers say GDPR will have negative impact
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- Seventeen Group buys Rupert Burgoyne
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- Clear buys Robert Alexander
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich unveils InsurTech and innovation brand