Standard & Poor's Ratings Services (S&P) has lowered its long-term counterparty rating on AIG to 'A-' from 'AA-' and its short-term counterparty credit rating on AIG to 'A-2' from 'A-1+'.
At the same time the ratings company lowered its counterparty credit and financial strength ratings on most of AIG's insurance operating subsidiaries to 'A+' from 'AA+'.
All of these ratings remain on CreditWatch with negative implications, where they were placed on September 12, 2008.
The main reason for t
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- InsurTech Futures: Hiscox partners with start-up Digital Fineprint
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m