Standard & Poor's Ratings Services (S&P) has lowered its long-term counterparty rating on AIG to 'A-' from 'AA-' and its short-term counterparty credit rating on AIG to 'A-2' from 'A-1+'.
At the same time the ratings company lowered its counterparty credit and financial strength ratings on most of AIG's insurance operating subsidiaries to 'A+' from 'AA+'.
All of these ratings remain on CreditWatch with negative implications, where they were placed on September 12, 2008.
The main reason for t
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData