Since the flooding of July last year, the average premium quoted for buildings cover has risen by only about £13, or 6.7%, considerably less than some commentators predicted.
However, average quoted premiums for both contents and combined (buildings and contents) insurance fell. Contents premiums dropped by nearly £5 or 4.2% over the past quarter while £6 (1.9%) was wiped from the average quoted premium for combined buildings and contents policies.
Simon Douglas, director of AA Insurance, sa
- Majority of brokers say GDPR will have negative impact
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- Seventeen Group buys Rupert Burgoyne
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- Clear buys Robert Alexander
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich unveils InsurTech and innovation brand