The study by Norwich Union has revealed that 83% of people living in Gloucester, Tewksbury, Hull, Sheffield and Rotherham believe there is nothing they can do to protect their home from flooding.
Consequently 95% have not taken any measures that could help prevent or significantly reduce the stress and emotional trauma of a future event. This is despite the fact that nearly half (43%) of those affected by last summer’s floods say their fear of flooding has increased since their experiences.
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti