“Contrary to the established law that when an insured brings a negligence claim against its insurance brokers, damages are limited by reference to the amount that would have been payable under the policy, the judge in this case awarded a sum for loss of profits, in addition to that which would have been paid out under the BI cover,” explained Marcus Campbell, a professional risks partner at Beachcroft LLP.
In Arbory, the claimant company did not understand the meaning, in an insurance context
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019
- Podcast: Top five stories this week with Axa's Jon Walker
- Blog: How is the debate around cyber affecting clients?
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- AI anti-fraud measures receive Government backing
- InsurTech Futures: Tapoly unveils broker platform for on demand products