The EIB loans for SMEs carry particular importance in the current financial and economic climate when many smaller businesses face difficulties in accessing finance.
In September 2008, the EU Finance Ministers called upon the EIB to extend, modernise and diversify their loans to the SME sector. The new generation loans ensure that the final recipients – the UK small firms – benefit from the financial advantage offered by EIB funds.
Simon Brooks, EIB Vice President responsible for lending activitie
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five