However, the broking group insurer said the impact of its new business had been "somewhat offset" by the continued soft market rates.
Towergate's income increased by 32.4% to £161m, and earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and other non-operating costs rose by 36.7% to £67m against £49.0m in the first half of 2006.
"These increases, relative to the increase in GWP, highlight the positive impact of our 2006 acquisitions as they continue to settle in and realise the benefits derived fro
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five