Under the Financial Services Authority’s (FSA) Principle 10, all regulated firms must arrange adequate protection for client assets when it is responsible for them.
Fiona Raistrick, head of the financial services regulatory practice, at BDO Stoy Hayward says: “In these uncertain economic times, FSA regulated firms, such as insurance intermediaries, will have a lot to worry about, however, the holding of client monies should not be allowed to slip down the agenda and be forgotten about.
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019
- Podcast: Top five stories this week with Axa's Jon Walker
- Blog: How is the debate around cyber affecting clients?
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- AI anti-fraud measures receive Government backing
- InsurTech Futures: Tapoly unveils broker platform for on demand products