Under the Financial Services Authority’s (FSA) Principle 10, all regulated firms must arrange adequate protection for client assets when it is responsible for them.
Fiona Raistrick, head of the financial services regulatory practice, at BDO Stoy Hayward says: “In these uncertain economic times, FSA regulated firms, such as insurance intermediaries, will have a lot to worry about, however, the holding of client monies should not be allowed to slip down the agenda and be forgotten about.
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti