Last month the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) announced a call for ‘inputs’ on how the insurance sector uses big data. This preliminary investigation will source information from underwriters, brokers and distributors about how they use this type of data in the personal lines space. The regulator advised that it could lead to a more detailed market study.
However, the sector appears not to be worried by either the call for information or indeed the possibility of any subsequent investigation.
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Two thirds of UK manufacturers lack cyber insurance cover
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel