The British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) last month responded to the Department
for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs’ (Defra) flood insurance consultation with a number of concerns.
It came after a provisional deal, Flood Re, was announced in June between insurers and the government to replace the Statement of Principles (SoP). The industry-backed levy has been designed to create a pool to support insurers when paying out on claims for high-risk homes.
High up on the list of Biba’s
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Touchstone recruits four business development managers in regional broker drive
- Vivek Banga to leave Gallagher for Polaris
- Motor insurance pay-outs soar to record levels
- InsurTech Futures: Start-up With Jack authorised by the FCA
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman