The British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) last month responded to the Department
for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs’ (Defra) flood insurance consultation with a number of concerns.
It came after a provisional deal, Flood Re, was announced in June between insurers and the government to replace the Statement of Principles (SoP). The industry-backed levy has been designed to create a pool to support insurers when paying out on claims for high-risk homes.
High up on the list of Biba’s is
- Majority of brokers say GDPR will have negative impact
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- Seventeen Group buys Rupert Burgoyne
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- Clear buys Robert Alexander
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich unveils InsurTech and innovation brand