The first quarter financial results of insurers should provide some welcome relief to market watchers, particularly those who are involved in commercial lines. The majority of both large and medium-sized insurers reported positive first quarter results with all of them delivering growth.
Growth is one thing but what should raise spirits in the market is that combined operating ratios (COR) improved pretty much across the board, many in commercial.
Markel led the way, managing to drag its COR dow
- Majority of brokers say GDPR will have negative impact
- ICO court case against Hiscox collapses
- Blog: Brokers – get plugged in to electric vehicles
- Arnott Marine launches marine liability facility for UK brokers
- Saga picks Patrick O’Sullivan as chairman
- Lloyd’s and Kanye West settle £7.4m suit - reports
- PIB launches risk management business