The first quarter financial results of insurers should provide some welcome relief to market watchers, particularly those who are involved in commercial lines. The majority of both large and medium-sized insurers reported positive first quarter results with all of them delivering growth.
Growth is one thing but what should raise spirits in the market is that combined operating ratios (COR) improved pretty much across the board, many in commercial.
Markel led the way, managing to drag its COR dow
- Bollington set to buy after Wilson merger and organic growth
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform
- HNW Forum: Experts debate impact of MGAs on the market
- HNW Forum: The challenge for brokers insuring Family Offices