The slew of ratings downgrades and negative watches across the insurance sector has brought what should already have been a high profile issue for brokers into even clearer focus.
There is no single sentence in the Financial Services Authority’s (FSA) handbook which states that brokers have to review the credit ratings of insurers, however, certain key catch-all principles for businesses, while not prescriptive, do raise clear expectations.
It is hard to argue that any broker is following princi
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute
- Broker named on FSCS insolvency list
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover