The House of Commons Transport Select Committee could be forgiven for thinking it just can’t get it right when it comes to satisfying the industry with its inquiry into the rising cost of motor insurance.
The Committee found that greater work was needed to tackle uninsured driving, fraud, the proliferation of referral fees and the high casualty rate among young drivers.
While the British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) welcomed the Committee’s recommendations with enthusiasm, the Associati
- Opinion: Who would believe it? When unrated is “good”
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Applied Net 2018: Google takes minority stake in Applied
- Ingenie founder Richard King unveils new telematics insurer backed by Gary Lineker
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform
- Ardonagh sells Direct Group’s claims business for £36m
- Bollington set to buy after Wilson merger and organic growth