Phil Loney, managing director for Lloyds TSB Insurance will only be approaching his second year in the role in September but he has already managed to aggressively drive the general insurance division of the bank in a different strategic direction.
His first role on entering the business was, he says, to 'birth' this new strategy which was partly a reaction to the consolidation of the insurance market. According to Mr Loney one of the questions the business had to ask itself was whether,
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Vivek Banga to leave Gallagher for Polaris
- Motor insurance pay-outs soar to record levels
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman
- InsurTech Futures: Start-up With Jack authorised by the FCA
- Blog: Should brokers be concerned?