Brokers that do not specialise and operate in niche areas are bricking up doorways to future growth and failing to monetise some of the specialist expertise they already have in their business.
Anecdotally, market commentators suggest as few as 10% of brokers develop their specialist or niche business and instead prefer to operate as general brokers catering for the ad hoc business that comes their way.
However, Tony Cornell, founder at Cornell Consulting, believes this is madness and that broke
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute
- Broker named on FSCS insolvency list
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover