▶ How did you come to be involved with Sutton Winson?
The business was originally formed by Alan Sutton in the mid-1970s when it also basically acted as a venture capital company. In 1996, they helped me start an insurance business in Sussex, and asked if I wanted to be involved with Sutton Winson itself. At that time I said no, but by 1999 I had got to know them a bit better.
Alan wanted to leave the business, but he and his business partner Mike Baldwin decided they would rather see long-term
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five