▶ How did you come to be involved with Sutton Winson?
The business was originally formed by Alan Sutton in the mid-1970s when it also basically acted as a venture capital company. In 1996, they helped me start an insurance business in Sussex, and asked if I wanted to be involved with Sutton Winson itself. At that time I said no, but by 1999 I had got to know them a bit better.
Alan wanted to leave the business, but he and his business partner Mike Baldwin decided they would rather see long-term
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel
- Two thirds of UK manufacturers lack cyber insurance cover
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud