According to Les Brewin, managing director at Jelf-owned Purple, for a lot of small to medium-sized brokers, the only option that is not an option is the status quo. For him at this time of constant attack on broker income – through the economy, tax and Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) rates – a network brings the opportunity of strength in numbers.
He says: “I genuinely believe we’ve helped some brokers remain independent who otherwise might have fallen to a consolidator.”
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product