As the middle man, the broker has always been near the firing line when a client takes umbrage with their insurer's response to a claim and this proximity to danger has only increased during the economic downturn. For example, in the first three quarters in 2009, Howden Insurance Brokers saw a rise of 12.5% in professional indemnity (PI) claims in comparison with the same period in 2008.
We need to understand the drivers behind this worrying increase and an uncomfortable question must be asked
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Vivek Banga to leave Gallagher for Polaris
- Motor insurance pay-outs soar to record levels
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman
- InsurTech Futures: Start-up With Jack authorised by the FCA
- Blog: Should brokers be concerned?