How difficult is it to recruit and retain underwriting specialists outside of London?
▶ Paul B: Our head office is in Gloucester but it is not one of the major conurbations [so] it is difficult to get the right talent. We do put quite a lot of effort into growing our own and we have had success with that. But, increasingly, we are having to be flexible about how we get the talent in, how we work with them and where they work from.
▶ David: As insurers have reduced their local presence and reduce
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData