How difficult is it to recruit and retain underwriting specialists outside of London?
▶ Paul B: Our head office is in Gloucester but it is not one of the major conurbations [so] it is difficult to get the right talent. We do put quite a lot of effort into growing our own and we have had success with that. But, increasingly, we are having to be flexible about how we get the talent in, how we work with them and where they work from.
▶ David: As insurers have reduced their local presence and reduce
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017