How difficult is it to recruit and retain underwriting specialists outside of London?
▶ Paul B: Our head office is in Gloucester but it is not one of the major conurbations [so] it is difficult to get the right talent. We do put quite a lot of effort into growing our own and we have had success with that. But, increasingly, we are having to be flexible about how we get the talent in, how we work with them and where they work from.
▶ David: As insurers have reduced their local presence and reduce
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- Podcast: Certus' Ben Welsh looks at the top five stories of the week
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin