Is it better to be a broker today than 25 years ago?
Michael: Let's not start with whether it's better or not. It's a totally different job to 25 years ago with completely different pressures and expectations.
Jack: You spend more time being a businessman than being an insurance broker.
Michael: I think a lot of us are doing jobs that initially we weren't trained for. Someone paid me a compliment recently and said, "you're not a broker now!"
Steve: Broking has become much more professional than
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance