Consolidation has started to bite in the Belfast market - was this inevitable?
Gary S: It was inevitable on the basis that there are far too many brokers chasing each customer. In some cases, there are four or five brokers going for the same piece of business, so it makes sense to amalgamate some of these firms.
Steve K: There are different types of amalgamations - there are ones where an Irish broker will join another Irish broker, and then there are the deals where an Irish broker will join a UK
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Meet the techies: Richard Hartley