Consolidation has started to bite in the Belfast market - was this inevitable?
Gary S: It was inevitable on the basis that there are far too many brokers chasing each customer. In some cases, there are four or five brokers going for the same piece of business, so it makes sense to amalgamate some of these firms.
Steve K: There are different types of amalgamations - there are ones where an Irish broker will join another Irish broker, and then there are the deals where an Irish broker will join a UK
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData