The news that both Aviva and Direct Line were set to significantly trim their workforces broke in quick succession as both providers seemingly fought out a bad news battle to top the headlines.
‘Streamlining’, ‘restructuring’ and ‘efficiency’ were the buzz words used. But, in short, Aviva were cutting 120 jobs from its Sheffield office of Asprea and Direct Line was scything down 230-odd roles.
Of particular interest for brokers, some 90 jobs at NIG are also facing the axe as part of Direct Line’
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti