The news that both Aviva and Direct Line were set to significantly trim their workforces broke in quick succession as both providers seemingly fought out a bad news battle to top the headlines.
‘Streamlining’, ‘restructuring’ and ‘efficiency’ were the buzz words used. But, in short, Aviva were cutting 120 jobs from its Sheffield office of Asprea and Direct Line was scything down 230-odd roles.
Of particular interest for brokers, some 90 jobs at NIG are also facing the axe as part of Direct Line
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners