The news that both Aviva and Direct Line were set to significantly trim their workforces broke in quick succession as both providers seemingly fought out a bad news battle to top the headlines.
‘Streamlining’, ‘restructuring’ and ‘efficiency’ were the buzz words used. But, in short, Aviva were cutting 120 jobs from its Sheffield office of Asprea and Direct Line was scything down 230-odd roles.
Of particular interest for brokers, some 90 jobs at NIG are also facing the axe as part of Direct Line’
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Two thirds of UK manufacturers lack cyber insurance cover
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel