Judging by recent pronouncements the years of austerity look set to stretch at least until 2018.
I'm not much of a political animal, to be honest I barely register as a political insect. So I shall leave to others the debates about cutting too far too fast versus the country being in hoc to the bond market and having no choice.
What I do want to look at is the core message. It is unfortunately one of fear and it is stifling demand.
In my mind, there is a proper discussion to be had around
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Aviva on top again in Brokerbility satisfaction survey
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business