A mystery shopping exercise by the Daily Mail's sister finance title This is Money warned that brokers can lead to"wallet-busting differences" when compared to people buying their insurance directly through a price comparison website.
In fact, the article warned that buying insurance through brokers could push the price of premiums up by £500 a year. It led to Biba expressing its disappointment with the article.
Certainly, it is always easy to hit the middlemen. But the report most definitely
- Brexit deal does not work for brokers, says Biba
- Aviva writing to customers after renewal transparency failing
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman
- Manchester critical of Simply Business’ cyber stance
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Markerstudy and Co-op silent on deal progress