Recent announcements on data enrichment by software providers have raised the prospect of brokers finally seeing a more level playing field in personal lines.
Across the market, software houses have been entering into relationships with the likes of Insurance Initiatives Limited (IIL) and Lexis Nexis to build the technology that can call out to verify information at quote stage rather than at the point of inception or claim. One consequence of checking the data should be a reduction in fraud.
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected
- In Person: Jacques Verlingue boss of Adélaïde Group, owner of Finch and ICB
- Qudos Insurance liquidator writes to UK customers
- PIB merges underwriting offerings
- GRP-owned County buys Swinford Insurance Consultants
- Close Brothers Premium Finance restores contact centre after outage
- Cross-border broker partnership plans escalate ahead of Brexit