NIG's move to hoover up business in the commercial market has been described as "suicidal" by competitors as insurer results season kicked off with a rash of deteriorating combined ratios.
The RBSI-owned insurer has announced a pricing strategy that "guarantees to beat" premiums by up to 5% on business held or quoted with 15 major insurance companies in the UK market.
According to Dave Parry, director of sales and distribution at NIG, the company's package business is performing well and last ye
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti