NIG's move to hoover up business in the commercial market has been described as "suicidal" by competitors as insurer results season kicked off with a rash of deteriorating combined ratios.
The RBSI-owned insurer has announced a pricing strategy that "guarantees to beat" premiums by up to 5% on business held or quoted with 15 major insurance companies in the UK market.
According to Dave Parry, director of sales and distribution at NIG, the company's package business is performing well and last ye
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Two thirds of UK manufacturers lack cyber insurance cover
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel