NIG's move to hoover up business in the commercial market has been described as "suicidal" by competitors as insurer results season kicked off with a rash of deteriorating combined ratios.
The RBSI-owned insurer has announced a pricing strategy that "guarantees to beat" premiums by up to 5% on business held or quoted with 15 major insurance companies in the UK market.
According to Dave Parry, director of sales and distribution at NIG, the company's package business is performing well and last
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners