It is estimated that market premium income for commercial insurance dropped by more than 5% in 2009 with little prospect of any increase this year. The personal lines sector is more optimistic with rates hardening, but for most brokers this is only a small part of their business. This scenario puts further pressure on brokers' finances where some 85% of costs are fixed, leaving them struggling to maintain profit levels in this climate.
Brokers have four options:• sell their business at what mi
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- City Insurance Brokers and Compass launch profit insurance scheme
- Hiscox updates cyber and data insurance product
- Video: GDPR – Future proofing your business: Don’t panic!
- AIG warns of rise in data breaches as GDPR comes into force
- Launderette-based insurance ghost brokers jailed