Insurance Age has launched its Top 100 supplement in 2005, working in association with Cornell Consulting.
The biggest impact this year without a doubt was the change in Capital Gains Tax rules which triggered a wave of selling before the April deadline when nearly £1bn of premiums changed hands and 12 of the top 100 were acquired.
However the market has since started to quieten down and in the past six months just over £100m has changed hands, with only three top brokers selling.
According to T
- CMA to investigate aggregator over “strong concerns” on insurer relationships
- Swinton targets becoming largest digital broker in the UK
- Former Aviva CEO Patrick Snowball joins Sabre board
- PIB buys specialist charity MGA aQmen Holdings
- NIG adds Farm Combined to FarmWeb e-trade platform
- Optimism among brokers falls slightly
- Innovation brings its own rewards