While the insurance broking industry continues to disregard the risk posed by direct writers and affinity players in the small to medium-sized enterprise (SME) market, it leaves itself vulnerable to an imminent shift online.
The UK commercial insurance market is worth somewhere in the region of £22bn in gross written premium. Of that, £9bn comes from SME firms with up to 50 employees, making the SME commercial market incredibly attractive and, to date, placing it firmly within the realms of the
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- City Insurance Brokers and Compass launch profit insurance scheme
- Hiscox updates cyber and data insurance product
- Video: GDPR – Future proofing your business: Don’t panic!
- AIG warns of rise in data breaches as GDPR comes into force
- Launderette-based insurance ghost brokers jailed