Competition for small to medium-sized enterprise (SME) business is incredibly tough with direct writers and niche players muscling their way into what has traditionally been the territory of regional brokers.
Many SMEs are also under massive financial pressure as they fight their way through the recession and this has made them more sensitive to exactly what cover they need and how much it will cost them.
When a strong book of SME clients is the bread and butter of any successful regional broker
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017