Competition for small to medium-sized enterprise (SME) business is incredibly tough with direct writers and niche players muscling their way into what has traditionally been the territory of regional brokers.
Many SMEs are also under massive financial pressure as they fight their way through the recession and this has made them more sensitive to exactly what cover they need and how much it will cost them.
When a strong book of SME clients is the bread and butter of any successful regional broker
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Aviva on top again in Brokerbility satisfaction survey
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business