Competition for small to medium-sized enterprise (SME) business is incredibly tough with direct writers and niche players muscling their way into what has traditionally been the territory of regional brokers.
Many SMEs are also under massive financial pressure as they fight their way through the recession and this has made them more sensitive to exactly what cover they need and how much it will cost them.
When a strong book of SME clients is the bread and butter of any successful regional broker
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel
- Two thirds of UK manufacturers lack cyber insurance cover