Royal & Sun Alliance once again became the subject of takeover speculation in March, a month in which it published pre-tax profits of £865m (2004: £38m) and an improvement of 2% in the core group combined ratio to 94.1%. The insurer has consistently been linked with bid approaches in recent years, with suitors such as Axa and Zurich mentioned by analysts. RSA had a stable year in 2005 and its new UK chief executive, Bridget McIntyre said she was pleased with how personal motor and household
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData