The Confederation of British Industry (CBI) has called for a majorrethink in the way business insurance is structured, as it sayscompensation culture is becoming an almost impossible burden.
Commercial insurance rose by 50% on average in the past year, the CBIsaid. The equity-market crash, the increase in industrial diseases and inthe cost of damages are leaving most businesses reeling.
The CBI wants to see Chancellor Gordon Brown plough back some of the #300machieved from the increase in
- Ex-Enterprise non-exec chairman Nick Cruz sues Gibraltar regulator for libel
- MRIB buys Independents
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected
- Saffron buys Farmer Insurance Brokers
- PIB merges underwriting offerings
- In Person: Jacques Verlingue boss of Adélaïde Group, owner of Finch and ICB
- Biba reveals campaigning themes in 2019 manifesto