Swinton has reported record trading profits of £23.2m for 2004, a 49.6% increase on 2003's £15.5m.
Swinton's chief executive Patrick Smith said: "New business levels have increased by 19.3% and this has been fuelled by growth in enquiry volumes.
In 2004, Swinton achieved a growth in enquiries of 9%. This is against a background of more new entrants in the market ... and the growing trend for customers to shop around on the internet."
Swinton's gross-written premium jumped 7.6% to £403.5m (2003:
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017