Operating a scheme is all about identifying a niche and exploiting it, and it is becoming increasingly crucial for brokers to look into using this type of distribution. However, the use of schemes as a method of distribution is not so new for some. As far back as 1978, K Drewe Insurance Brokers identified an opportunity in the caravan insurance market.
Starting with an offering for caravans in France, the broker launched its first UK scheme in 1990 and moved firmly into schemes specialisation.
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- Members surprised at Fairchild’s Broker Network exit
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal
- InsurTech: Meet the tech insiders
- Circle expands again in 2018