As the Financial Services Authority's (FSA) review of commission disclosure continues apace, it could be argued that further regulatory intervention is not needed because a market solution for transparency issues is already at hand. The case for mandating commission disclosure for commercial buyers is far from compelling, with the costs and added complexity associated with such a requirement likely to outweigh the customer benefits arising from its introduction.
The British Insurance Brokers'
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Jade Insurance teams up on health insurance with sports focused My Club