As the Financial Services Authority's (FSA) review of commission disclosure continues apace, it could be argued that further regulatory intervention is not needed because a market solution for transparency issues is already at hand. The case for mandating commission disclosure for commercial buyers is far from compelling, with the costs and added complexity associated with such a requirement likely to outweigh the customer benefits arising from its introduction.
The British Insurance Brokers'
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti