As the Financial Services Authority's (FSA) review of commission disclosure continues apace, it could be argued that further regulatory intervention is not needed because a market solution for transparency issues is already at hand. The case for mandating commission disclosure for commercial buyers is far from compelling, with the costs and added complexity associated with such a requirement likely to outweigh the customer benefits arising from its introduction.
The British Insurance Brokers'
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Two thirds of UK manufacturers lack cyber insurance cover
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel