The Association of British Insurers (ABI) has called for stronger planning controls to ensure new homes are built in lower risk parts of the floodplain. The ABI is arguing that a strengthening of existing arrangements is needed and the Environment Agency should be consulted on developments proposed in flood risk locations. They also argue that future flood risk planning should take into account climate change and local development plans should prevent floodplain developments.
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners