According to the Council of Mortgage Lenders (CML), in the first sixmonths of 2002 buy-to-let lending accounted for more than 58,000 loans,worth £5.5bn. This has helped to increase the estimated total of'residential investment' mortgages to 233,000 at a value of £19.1bn.Despite a growing perception that this market is slowing down(particularly in London), buy-to-let is still a major issue for propertyinsurers.
The buy-to-let market ranges from sought-after properties worth millionsof pounds
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- In-depth - SMEs: Adding value
- Markerstudy and Co-op silent on deal progress
- Blog: Should brokers be concerned?