Schools are failing to install sprinkler systems despite a massive increase in the number of large fires in schools last year.
According to the latest figures released by Zurich Municipal, the number of large fires causing "significant" damage to schools has increased by more than half (55%) over the last year.
Yet, alarmingly, only 150 out of 28,000 schools have been fitted with sprinkler systems. This has led Zurich Municipal to renew its call for sprinklers to be made compulsory in all new
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Jade Insurance teams up on health insurance with sports focused My Club