Some insurers, in support of measures against uninsured drivers, want driving other cars (DOC) removed. Others argue that better policing need not mean the trampling of consumer rights, and that removal of DOC would create more confusion.
Battening down after a squall of mixed press comment, the market is now hesitant to act rashly over DOC. The period allowed for reflection may be short, however, as the weight of governmental pressure may become heavier.
What are the market's options, if any,
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- AIG warns of rise in data breaches as GDPR comes into force
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- Alpha: Cover My Cab steps in with Gefion policies
- City Insurance Brokers and Compass launch profit insurance scheme
- Coversure backers Livingbridge “not done” with insurance investments
- Uber gives drivers free insurance as it expands partnership with Axa