Some insurers, in support of measures against uninsured drivers, want driving other cars (DOC) removed. Others argue that better policing need not mean the trampling of consumer rights, and that removal of DOC would create more confusion.
Battening down after a squall of mixed press comment, the market is now hesitant to act rashly over DOC. The period allowed for reflection may be short, however, as the weight of governmental pressure may become heavier.
What are the market's options, if any,
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- Members surprised at Fairchild’s Broker Network exit
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal
- InsurTech: Meet the tech insiders
- Circle expands again in 2018