"It is dangerous to dabble," says James Shrimpton, a partner at Davies Lavery, as he discusses the pros and cons of broker risk management. Although it has become something of a buzz word in the past few years among insurers, brokers and their clients, there are, as Mr Shrimpton identifies, inherent risks for brokers looking to become involved in risk management.
Revenue streams have narrowed and new market entrants are continually picking away at traditional brokers, forcing them to expand their
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- In-depth - SMEs: Adding value
- Markerstudy and Co-op silent on deal progress
- Blog: Should brokers be concerned?