The plethora of television home make-over shows has had its impact - the UK is a nation of DIYers, eager to add that extra something to their homes and then cash in on their newly increased value.
What has become clear, however, is that while one in five UK residents admit to having been inspired to undertake work at home, not many are thinking through the insurance implications.
Earlier this year, Privilege Home Insurance carried out a survey that showed the inflated values of UK homes are
- Bluefin fine – 32 FCA staff directly involved in investigation
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018
- Geoff Kirk joins GRP’s Marshall Wooldridge as MD
- Roundtable: The tech revolution
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal
- Circle expands again in 2018