Forget that you are an insurance professional for a moment. Imagine you are an entrepreneur with a chunk of capital behind you. You have no knowledge or experience of commercial broking, but you are attracted by the market and want to establish a new business.
One of the first things you would do is identify your potential customer base. Let's say you sense rich potential in the small to medium-sized enterprise (SME) market, with its 4.3 million businesses and £5.5bn annual premium spend.
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- Bluefin fine – 32 FCA staff directly involved in investigation
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal
- Circle expands again in 2018
- Geoff Kirk joins GRP’s Marshall Wooldridge as MD
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022