Halifax General Insurance's decision to continue to use lie detectors on high risk insurance claims has come under fire from Glasgow consultancy, Human Factors Analysts (HFAL). Despite the growing problem of insurance fraud, Dr Christine Emerson of HFAL criticised Halifax's stance, arguing that lie detection software risked alienating and losing customers. "There are much subtler ways to highlight inconsistencies within claims," she argued.
- FCA survey reveals gaps in consumer insurance knowledge and take-up
- Meet the 2017 Broker Apprentices
- CII sells Aldermanbury
- Markerstudy’s Trice app available to whitelabel for brokers
- Ecclesiastical launches three specialist heritage products
- Marmalade partners with Ignite on telematics platform
- Broker Expo 2017: The agenda