Halifax General Insurance's decision to continue to use lie detectors on high risk insurance claims has come under fire from Glasgow consultancy, Human Factors Analysts (HFAL). Despite the growing problem of insurance fraud, Dr Christine Emerson of HFAL criticised Halifax's stance, arguing that lie detection software risked alienating and losing customers. "There are much subtler ways to highlight inconsistencies within claims," she argued.
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022
- Circle expands again in 2018
- Bluefin fine – 32 FCA staff directly involved in investigation
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report