The UK's call centre industry is still growing, even though firms are transferring work overseas. Indeed, figures from Datamonitor reveal that the number of staff employed by call centres in April 2004 reached 435,000 and will increase to almost 500,000 over the next four years.
But while the number of British call centres is predicted to rise from 5,980 to well over 7,000, the shift of business to regions like India still poses a threat.
An attractive proposition?
For firms keen to cut costs,
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022
- Circle expands again in 2018
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal