The UK's call centre industry is still growing, even though firms are transferring work overseas. Indeed, figures from Datamonitor reveal that the number of staff employed by call centres in April 2004 reached 435,000 and will increase to almost 500,000 over the next four years.
But while the number of British call centres is predicted to rise from 5,980 to well over 7,000, the shift of business to regions like India still poses a threat.
An attractive proposition?
For firms keen to cut costs,
- Pen writing up takeover “shopping list”
- Allianz to get £250m commercial business boost from LV deal
- Redundancy threat for 15 people in Zurich's Bristol office
- Pukka to expand into home
- Biba confirms another year in Manchester for the 2019 conference
- MPs concerned re whiplash reforms
- Reich targeting £100m of GWP by 2022