Industry experts have expressed fears that a potentially costly precedent has been set with the new NHS Injury Costs Recovery Scheme.
The scheme allows hospitals to claim money back from insurers in cases where personal injury compensation has been paid out. It has been applicable to motor accidents for some time but was recently extended to cover non-motor claims, a move which has been greeted with resignation by insurance companies.
Although this development has been in the pipeline for some
- Pukka’s Sam White launches Freedom Brokers
- Zurich explores Endsleigh sale - report
- Meet the techies: Dylan Bourguignon
- Meet the 2017 Broker Apprentices
- FCA survey reveals gaps in consumer insurance knowledge and take-up
- HNW Forum 2017: Talking points
- Arag targets HNW market adding crisis communications to legal cover