Zurich has urged brokers to raise awareness among small businesses of the potentially devastating effect of water damage and the need to protect themselves against it.
While damage caused by fire is often seen as more devastating to a business, Zurich's internal figures show that the impact of water damage caused by storms or faulty pipework is the biggest cause of property claims for Britain's small and medium sized businesses (SMEs).
The figures show that the manufacturing and light industry
- Andy Fairchild exits Broker Network
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- Members surprised at Fairchild’s Broker Network exit
- InsurTech: Meet the tech insiders
- Stackhouse Poland buys Property Insurance Initiatives
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties