Knowsley Metropolitan Borough Council's campaign to weed out bogus personal injury compensation claims should be a model for councils throughout the country, said the Association of British Insurers. The council's crackdown on fraudsters, who make bogus or inflated claims for injuries sustained when falling on broken pavements, has saved the council in the region of £1.8m during 2005.
- Pen writing up takeover “shopping list”
- Allianz to get £250m commercial business boost from LV deal
- Redundancy threat for 15 people in Zurich's Bristol office
- Pukka to expand into home
- Biba confirms another year in Manchester for the 2019 conference
- MPs concerned re whiplash reforms
- Reich targeting £100m of GWP by 2022