Knowsley Metropolitan Borough Council's campaign to weed out bogus personal injury compensation claims should be a model for councils throughout the country, said the Association of British Insurers. The council's crackdown on fraudsters, who make bogus or inflated claims for injuries sustained when falling on broken pavements, has saved the council in the region of £1.8m during 2005.
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022
- Circle expands again in 2018
- Bluefin fine – 32 FCA staff directly involved in investigation
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report