Esure has started using an aerial imaging service to help reduce the costs of investigating road traffic accidents and enable it to assess claims arising out of disputed incidents more accurately.
The subscription-based service, supplied by ActiveGeo, enables claims staff to zoom in on aerial photographs of sections of roads or junctions using their computers.
The system can impose cars onto the photograph to recreate the accident, so that distances can be measured to the nearest six inches
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022
- Circle expands again in 2018
- Bluefin fine – 32 FCA staff directly involved in investigation
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal