The often quoted sentiment is that, "you are only as good as your claims service". It is usually only when insureds come to make a claim that the service they have paid for becomes apparent.
For those who have used a broker to find a policy, they will mostly turn back to that broker and expect help and support as well as a rapid settlement.
But the waters are a bit muddied - for example, many insurers have direct reporting lines or helplines which insureds use or 'ambulance chasers' may become
- Vantage buys Fresh Insurance
- FSCS calls on brokers to help form response to Alpha failure
- Reich targeting £100m of GWP by 2022
- Unrated Danish insurer Gefion in €2m cash injection deal with shareholders
- InsurTech Futures: Hiscox first insurer to sign up to ex-Aviva boss Fraser Edmond’s data sharing platform
- Pen writing up takeover “shopping list”
- Allianz to get £250m commercial business boost from LV deal