The Association of British Insurers (ABI) said it wanted the safety of teenage drivers to become Britain's top road safety priority after government figures recently showed a dramatic 12% rise in the number of 16-19 year-old drivers and passengers killed on Britain's roads last year.
In response to this figure the association is launching a campaign to highlight these facts and to raise the issue of young drivers up the road safety agenda.
Stephen Haddrill, director general of the ABI, said: "
- FCA survey reveals gaps in consumer insurance knowledge and take-up
- Meet the 2017 Broker Apprentices
- CII sells Aldermanbury
- Markerstudy’s Trice app available to whitelabel for brokers
- Ecclesiastical launches three specialist heritage products
- Marmalade partners with Ignite on telematics platform
- Broker Expo 2017: The agenda